Switch your Instagram feed to dark mode!
This is an unofficial app that changes the style of instagram.com to a black theme.
You were browsing Instagram for far too long even though you have to get up at 5am the next morning? Well, we can’t help you with that, but we can help you to reduce eye strain by turning bright and colorful colors to a dark mode. Use your favorite social network during the night!
Frequently asked questions:
How do I activate the dark mode?
-> You don’t need to. Just install the app and it automatically switches on dark mode.
Can I switch dark mode off?
-> No. Just use the regular Instagram app to use the standard theme.
Do I need to create a new Instagram account?
-> No. It works with all accounts.
Can I send direct messages?
-> Unfortunately, this is not implemented yet in the web version of Instagram. As we use the website to apply the dark theme, we are limited by what it provides. However, this might change in the future.
How do I go back?
-> Please use the back button of your phone to go back.
Can I post my current location?
-> Unfortunately, this is not implemented at the moment.
Can I upload pictures or videos?
-> Yes. If you try to upload pictures or videos, a new window will pop up that lets you select your files.
We are not associated or related to Instagram or its rights holders in any way or form — this is an independent third party application.
Instagram – Like, capture and share the world’s moments
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.