Best App for Typing
On Pixel 3 and up, these additional steps are required to use Live Transcribe:
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap "Accessibility", then tap "Live Transcribe".
- Tap "Use service", then accept the permissions.
- An Accessibility button should now appear at the bottom right corner of your screen, next to the Home button. Tap the Accessibility button or use gesture
- Supports transcription in over 70 languages and dialects.
- Supports quick-switching between 2 languages.
- Displays non-speech sound so that you know if someone is knocking on your door or a dog is barking.
- Reply without speaking by typing your responses within the app.
Referring back to transcription:
- You can save a transcript up to 3 days which stays secure on your device. (By default, transcriptions are not saved.
- Touch and hold the transcript to copy & paste.
For more accurate transcription:
- Use external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets, and USB mics for better audio reception.
- Check the loudness and noise indicator to find out if your environment is suitable for transcription.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and up.
Live Transcribe was made in collaboration with Gallaudet University, the premier Deaf and hard of hearing university in the US.
Microphone: Live Transcribe needs microphone access to transcribe the speech around you. The audio is not stored after the transcript is processed.
Post a Comment